If you are looking to grow your blog fast, it’s all about connections! Sharing is caring and there are a TON of Facebook groups dedicated to sharing blog posts and growing your social media. In today’s post, I am going to share my top groups for both sharing posts as well as growing social media. I will explain the difference between these two groups and the dangers and myths about them as well. Are they a waste of your precious time or paramount to growing your blog? Pause and pin this image and read on to find out!
Facebook Share Groups to Grow Your Blog.
A Facebook share group is a group that is dedicated to sharing each others posts. Some are large and flooded with posts every day, others are smaller and more targeted. The key is to find an ACTIVE share group IN YOUR NICHE. Yes, I shouted! It is so important! A general share group isn’t going to help you in the long run, you need to find readers that will keep coming back for more. If you are a mommy blogger, post in a mommy share group or a homeschool blogger could post in the homeschool share group.
I am a part of a lot of Facebook groups and many of them are not active. No one comments or clicks on my shares and I have stopped sharing in them. Find ones that are active and then get involved! You need to share other people’s posts if you want others to share yours! Follow the group rules (this is so important, I have been kicked out before for not reading carefully enough) and every link you post, share someone else’s on your social media. If you are in an active group in your niche, you WILL grow your numbers by doing this!
Here are some of the one I have found in my niche (homeschooling/parenting):
- Mommy Bloggers Share Facebook group
- Homeschool Bloggers Network Facebook group
- Blogging Homeschoolers Facebook group
- InspiredBN Promos ! Link Ups ! and More ! Facebook group
- Homeschool/Unschool Bloggers Facebook group
- Homeschool Giveaways and Freebies Facebook group
Facebook Social Media Groups to Grow Your Blog.
Facebook social media groups are totally different than share groups. They have a variety of daily threads where you can post a blog post (or Facebook post) to be shared or commented on, Instagram follow threads, Pinterest re-pin threads, Twitter re-tweets and follows, etc. These groups are primarily for growing your social media, though there are elements to help you grow your blog as well.
These types of Facebook groups have some pitfalls you will want to look out for.
1. They are a HUGE time suck. HUGE. The bigger the group, the better the results, but the more time they will take. Imagine following or liking 130 other profiles?!?!?!? In one night!
2. Their rules are STRICT. These groups are not for the faint of heart. If you miss one post or don’t use enough words, you will be cut from the group without question. You MUST complete the requirements within the time frame AS specified.
3. You are growing your numbers, but are they the types of readers you want? Will they stick around? Will they read your blog posts? Will they engage in your social media? Or are they just another number and will delete you down the road? Better to have smaller numbers of COMMITTED people who WANT to follow you than strangers who will delete you as soon as they can.
Despite these pitfalls, I still think these groups are worth it when you are starting out. They are a way to grow your blog fast, to increase your numbers, and to force engagement on specific posts without having to pay advertising. They have a purpose and they have value, just don’t get too caught up in them.
Okay, enough talk, here are the top groups I follow for these types of groups: